Northside Business Association (NBA)
The Northside Business Association was founded as the Northside Business Club and has been serving Northside since 1907. We're the official voice with the City of Cincinnati for the Northside Business District. The Northside Business Association works hard to create and maintain a resurgent atmosphere in the Northside Business District that has helped spawn redevelopment and to be a resource for all Northside Businesses and works to continually improve our neighborhood.
The NBA's list of accomplishments is long and includes: The streetscape project on Hamilton Avenue; the Northside Business District
Hamilton Avenue sidewalk cleaning; the
4th of July festival;
lighting Hoffner Park for the holidays;
the Hamilton Avenue planters;
creation of the Northside Citizens on Patrol; Northside
Business District WiFi; the Northside Website; the Northside Brochure; the
South Block welcome sign;
Northside night at the WCET Action Auction; and the
Northside Art Sale. We've also
the Northside Land Use Plan; blocking a proposed Walgreens on Hamilton Avenue;
Bits & Pieces; The Northsider; the ArtWorks Mural
on Hamilton Avenue; getting McPerry's torn down; the Northside
Northside Radio Ads (featuring Jerry Spinger no less: 1, 2, & 3);
Northside CityBeat Ads.
- The Crosley Event is next week
The Crosley Event: A night with Rusty McClure, will be held at the American Sign Museum on Tuesday, October 28th, with the doors opening at 5:15pm. The is a joint fundraiser for the Northside and Camp Washington Business Association with any money raised beyond the cost of the event to be split between the two organizations. Mr. McClure is the great grandchild of Lewis Crosley and the great grandnephew of Powell Crosley and wrote the book Crosley: Two Brothers and a Business Empire that Transformed the Nation. He will be speaking about the history of the Crosley Corporation in Camp Washington and Northside, which is where it all began. Tickets are $10 ($20 on the day of the event) and include a drink ticket and access to the museum. Mr. McClure is a fascinating man, and is donating his time for this event. The American Sign Museum is a fantastic attraction and is generously holding this event at cost. The event is being presented by the North Side Bank and additional sponsorships are available, please contact me for more information. You can get you tickets now at http://northside.net/crosley-event/. Capacity for the event is limited so be sure to get your tickets now so you don't miss out.
- It's renewal time! In order to be included on the You Are Here signs and the Northside You Are Here app, your membership must be current! Be sure to print your Northside Business Association Membership Application and bring it to the meeting to renew your membership or join online.
- Check us out on Facebook and Twitter!
- The new parking kiosks are intalled in the Lingo lot. For monthly or annual parking passes good for any of our community parking lots please email us at email@example.com or call us at (513) 201-5767
- At our October meeting we will be discussing the Neighborhood Business District Support Fund (NBDSF) grant which is $4800 allocated by the City of Cincinnati for projects that benefit the business district. Come out and help us decide the best way to allocate these funds. Our membership meetings are open public meetings.
- Check out the minutes from our September meeting.
Monday, at 6pm.
The NBA meets the first Monday of the month at Happen, Inc, 4201 Hamilton Avenue. Enter the building through the door on Chase at Hamilton.
NBA President: Bruce Demske
Northside Business Association
c/o North Side Bank and Trust
4125 Hamilton Avenue
Cincinnati OH 45223