Northside Business Association (NBA)
The Northside Business Association was founded as the Northside Business Club and has been serving Northside since 1907. We're the official voice with the City of Cincinnati for the Northside Business District. The Northside Business Association works hard to create and maintain a resurgent atmosphere in the Northside Business District that has helped spawn redevelopment and to be a resource for all Northside Businesses and works to continually improve our neighborhood.
The NBA's list of accomplishments is long and includes: The streetscape project on Hamilton Avenue; the Northside Business District
Hamilton Avenue sidewalk cleaning; the
4th of July festival;
lighting Hoffner Park for the holidays;
the Hamilton Avenue planters;
creation of the Northside Citizens on Patrol; Northside
Business District WiFi; the Northside Website; the Northside Brochure; the
South Block welcome sign;
Northside night at the WCET Action Auction; and the
Northside Art Sale. We've also
the Northside Land Use Plan; blocking a proposed Walgreens on Hamilton Avenue;
Bits & Pieces; The Northsider; the ArtWorks Mural
on Hamilton Avenue; getting McPerry's torn down; the Northside
Northside Radio Ads;
Northside CityBeat Ads.
- We are seeking proposals for management of our parking lots. The first stage of this process is a Request for Qualifications (RFQ). Completed RFQs can be scanned and emailed to Bruce Demske or mailed to the NBA c/o the North Side Bank and Trust, 4125 Hamilton Avenue, Cincinnati OH 45223. RFQs need to be received (emails) or postmarked by June 1st. The NBA will review the RFQs and determine who will be invited to submit proposals by June 15th.
- It's renewal time! In order to be included on the You Are Here signs and the Northside You Are Here app, your membership must be current! Be sure to print your Northside Business Association Membership Application and bring it to the meeting to renew your membership or join online.
- At out June meeting we'll continue to explore setting up a buying group for refuse and recycling services as the City changes their pickup policies for commercial buildings, talking about the revisions planned for the 2007 Northside Land Use Plan, including potential zoning changes, we'll continue making plans for this year's Rock n' Roll Carnival, and more!. Our membership meetings are open public meetings and we'd love to see you there!
- Our proposal for an Entertainment District designation for Northside has been approved and Northside now has a Community Entertainment district designation!:
- Check out the minutes from our May meeting.
Monday, August 5th, 6:00 pm.
Please note that there is no NBA meeting in July, we'll see you at Hoffner Park for the Northside Rock n' Roll Carnival and Northside Family Fun Festival
The NBA meets the first Monday of the month at Happen, Inc, 4201 Hamilton Avenue. Enter the building through the door on Chase at Hamilton.
NBA President: Bruce Demske
Northside Business Association
c/o North Side Bank and Trust
4125 Hamilton Avenue
Cincinnati OH 45223